[lbo-talk] RIP Norman Mailer

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 11:02:57 PST 2007

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

"McCarthy's "The Road" is a bleak example of what happens when the mainstream novelist tries to imagine something beyond his exhausted genre's usual concerns."

Thanks, Dwayne. I mistook McCarthy for Frazier.

BobW

Michael Brownstein's poem "World on Fire" is a kind of novel, or epic, set in a post-Peak Oil landscape.