[lbo-talk] RIP Norman Mailer

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 11:31:46 PST 2007

--- Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

"capitalism, which always grows or creates extravagant disasters, both of which encourage creativity. . "

I was just wondering whether there might be an art phenomenon parallel to Naomi Klein's "Disaster Capitalism" -- where a successful, well-financed pop artist, like Mann, or Truman Capote, moves into a violent, blighted, neglected part of society and exploits it for shock value and profit. ???

BobW