[lbo-talk] counting to 200 -- how about 500

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Nov 11 20:25:27 PST 2007

Robert Wrubel wrote:

> "Private moral struggles" are about 99% of any
> personal life, but they certainly dont belong in a
> discussion of broad historical issues. So carry on
> with that discussion. I'm eager to hear it.

In my view, this kind of radical individualism is itself a product of social relations; in fact, they are crucial to the perpetuation of capitalism. I'm not sure how to respond other than to say--you cannot understand the private moral struggles people have without understanding the sociohistorical context in which those moral struggles emerge.

Miles