[lbo-talk] Is the Anti-War movement in decline?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 14 18:27:54 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2007, at 3:46 AM, Lenin's Tomb wrote:
>
> > In short, while
> > I wish the Left would argue that these people have a right to
> > resist and
> > win, and aren't the monsters depicted in official propaganda, I
> > also think
> > we have to say that they ain't the Sandinistas or the NLF.
>
> Who could disagree with that? I wouldn't.

Someone better. We don't have to say anything except that u.s. troops don't belong in Iraq.

We want those troops out. They will not get out until the Iraqi resistance kills and maims quite a few more thousands of them. Therefore anyone wanting the war over wants many Americans to be killed in Iraq, and it's not our business what the motives of those Iraqis are.

We can't quite say that in our agitation, but at least we can abstain from mealy-mouth criticism of the Iraqi people who are doing the dying for us.

Carrol

Carrol