[lbo-talk] Is the Anti-War movement in decline?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 14 20:40:54 PST 2007

wrobert at uci.edu wrote:

> So we should pretend that the Iraqi resistance is the equivalent of
> the NLF or the Sandinistas?

We don't have to pretend anything. We need to say nothing whatever about the Iraqi existence except that it is an Iraqi resistance, and that any resistance whatever to a foreign invasion is legitimate. The invasion, on the other hand, is criminal.

This urge to expound on what we don't have to discuss at all seems to me merely self-indulgence, a sort of lust for personal moral purity.

Carrol