[lbo-talk] Acting White

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 11:33:10 PST 2007

bitch wrote:

>I *d0* notice that it's common among leftish leaning POC ==
>as a put down. E.g., J Lo is 'acting white' when she forgets her roots. (Or
>something like that. I didn't understand this pop culture ref because I
>don't read j lo gossip that isn't about her ass. :))

This started with the familiar refrain of the guy who has stayed off welfare despite the slings and arrows of Polack joke-tellers calling someone out for parroting what he considers received hand-wringing-left wisdom.

Funny how it turns out "acting white" is not only the very definition of received wisdom but that it comes from all directions.