[lbo-talk] go Amy (was black class gap)

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 13:31:08 PST 2007

Dennis P. asked:

>I clearly missed this. To what did dear Amy object?
>
>Vodkahouse

Apparently to the Bononess of Bono. Here's an account from a review called "The Year of Amy"

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/story/0,,1960499,00.html

So, while we have the chance, let us salute not just that song, but its author. Ames has been in trouble of late - first for heckling Bono at the Q Awards (mid-way through his list of thanks, she said "Shut up. I don't give a fuck," which is not exactly Wildean, though it will do), and then thanks to a rum old duet with Charlotte Church on the latter's TV show. (For anyone who missed it, the pair did their thing on a version of Michael Jackson's Beat It, for which Amy tumbled well away from metre, precise diction and other such trifles and played a strange kind of blinder. You can find out more by going on YouTube and looking for "Church, Winehouse", and you will laugh until it hurts.)