[lbo-talk] Acting White

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 15:11:47 PST 2007

Wojtek:

So let's face the reality, instead of denying it, and think about how to change it, as the Old Man had it. I am done with saving the world, saving enough for my retirement seems more important to me at the moment :). I wonder, however, what Black folks who "made it" do to encourage Black school kids to follow their footsteps to professional careers. Dwayne? Charles?

This is a strange question.

Strange, because you surely already know that many African Americans are tirelessly working to address the relevant issues: some in underfunded, municipal social services agencies, others via secular and church organized volunteer groups.

Considering the many African American professionals in your life, it's not likely you're unaware of groups such as the Phila. founded Concerned Black Men.

So, I doubt you're asking a general question about the community-related activities of AA professionals.

You must, therefore, be asking a more personal question: what are you [Charles and Dwayne] doing to help troubled young people?

Frankly, I don't think you merit an answer.

Your own tireless efforts - to argue in bad faith - have put me in an equally relentless bad mood.

About you.

.d.