[lbo-talk] black class gap

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Sat Nov 17 02:37:54 PST 2007

ps. i forgot that, if you read her blog, she does have poor women writing on her blog, speaking for themselves. i think she's well aware that we need this kind of writing also. dollars to donuts, they are paid for their writing probably at a union wage.

speaking of, one thing i did like about Bageant: he totally trashed the small business owner class. absolutely marvelous insight into their lives and the destructiveness they bring to the lives of the folks they employ -- typically for peanuts. This was some great stuff for this bitch to read. I think our scanner's operational, so maybe i'll put a few of the pages up where he rakes these folks over the coals, by describing the kind of psyche that is shaped by the social relations of capital. interesting, though, he wasn't writing as if he had an axe to grind against those lefties who hate corporations, love mom and pops. i don't know whether it's that he's not aware of the issue, but i did get the distinct sense that it was his own personal experience of working for these folks that was the impetus behind his deliciously savage characterizations.

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)