[lbo-talk] death of environmentalism/dancing in the streets

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 08:14:42 PST 2007

--- bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

"Break Through: The Death of Environmentalism and the Politics of Possibility by Ted Nordhaus and Michael Shellenberger. didn't find a website on the first 10 hits."

Try the Apollo Alliance. Schellenberger was an author/founder of that concept, which was meant to echo the Kennedy space program. The main merit and selling point of the program, aside from the environmental issue, was job creation -- and, incidentally, steering existing defense industries and their Pentagon procurers toward more socially useful production.

BobW

http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Streets-History-Collective-Joy/dp/0805057234/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195302754&sr=1-3