[lbo-talk] Deer Hunting With Jesus

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 17:44:11 PST 2007

It's interesting that, in the period of great turmoil before 1917, the Russian Orthodox clergy showed this division. The Church at the village level was so leftist that the Church hierarchy felt compelled to purge it periodically. There was a lot of material being written and preached at the village level about the People of Christ being oppressed by the Tsar, about how the message of Christ meant being liberated from the wealthy and powerful, and so forth. This is the reason that the 1905 pogroms targeted seminarians. And the closet Marxist seminary Stalin attended was more the rule than the exception.