[lbo-talk] the wit & wisdom of Padma Lakshmi

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Nov 17 18:50:07 PST 2007

<http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/11/what_we_learned_about_padma.html>

The Salty Wit and Wisdom of Padma Lakshmi

The latest issue of Vanity Fair features a profile of none other than Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi, who's promoting her new cookbook, Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet. Amid all the foodie talk, Padma actually reveals quite a lot about herself. A sampling:

• On the Top Chef Emmy nomination: "[It] was a big fucking deal.”

• On life without her ex-husband, Salman Rushdie: "I'm really fucking sad."

• On her new cookbook: "Finishing the fucking book was like being in labor for two years!”

• On hosting dinner party: "I pulled this out of my ass."

• On an AIDS charity she supports: "...we’re doing a campaign and an event and you should buy a fucking table.”

• On telling the press if she had a boyfriend: "My husband would call fucking Reuters."

• On a tabloid's coverage of her bra size: "...they said it was 36C. I said, 34C, motherfucker!”

• On her current living situation: "Now I’m staying in a fucking hotel with all my shit in storage."

Damn, Padma.

A Taste of Fame [VF] <http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/12/lakshmi200712? currentPage=1>