[lbo-talk] The "NAFTA Superhighway" Urban Myth

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 11:56:16 PST 2007

The inverse problem is also possible. The recently former New Orleans DA, Eddie Jones, an African American and a pal of the indicted Rep. William ("Dollar Bill") Jefferson (D. 2d Cong. Dist.), fired all the white lawyers and staff when he took office four years ago, and got zapped with a huge race dsicrimination lawsuit. (Meanwhile prisoners, mainly black, languish in custody for back of people to prosecute them.) The fired employees won a huge judgment, $3.7 million, and last week the NO Sheriff froze the assets of NO DA's office to satisfy the judgment. It was unclear as of last time I checked how the new Acting DA was going to pay her employees or even buy paper and pencils.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN3023037120071030

Which goes to show that corruption, discrimination, and stupidity are not a monopoly of any race.