[lbo-talk] The North's burden of enlightening the South (was Re: The "NAFTA Superhighway" Urban Myth)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Nov 18 18:03:33 PST 2007

I don't want to get up on a Yankee high horse - we've got a lot to answer for too - but the South is different somehow, isn't it? Chris Kromm, who was on this list in its early days and is now director of the Institute for Southern Studies, was thinking for a while of doing a book for Verso on the South as an internal colony, with all the associated maldevelopment. There's something to that, no?

Doug