[lbo-talk] The North's burden of enlightening the South (was Re: The "NAFTA Superhighway" Urban Myth)

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 10:42:22 PST 2007

--- Eric <rayrena at realtime.net> wrote:

"I still can't make any fucking sense of the place. It's as incomprehensible today as the day I moved here."

I've heard there are pockets of enlightenment in the South (which may mean simply pockets of northerners), and pleasant places to live (North Carolina), but overall I wouldn't expect to feel comfortable or safe anywhere there expressing a political opinion. (Of course, fifty miles from where I live in California, I have to be careful, too.)

BobW