[lbo-talk] The Annapolis Conference and the Left and Democratic Movements in Palestine

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Tue Nov 20 12:55:49 PST 2007

* News from Within Podcast: ***The Annapolis Conference and the Left and Democratic Movements in Palestine

**On Sunday, 18^ November 2007, I spoke with Dr. Naim Abu Tair. Dr. Naim operates a private medical clinic in East Jerusalem. In addition, he was formerly the director and president of the Palestinian Health Work Committee, and is currently the General Director of the Bisan Center for Research and Development and co-chair of the board of the Alternative Information Center. We spoke about the situation for Palestinians in East Jerusalem, and his assessment of the Hamas/Fatah split and the competing Palestinian governments in Gaza and the West Bank. We also discussed the Left and Democratic forces in Palestinian society, and a forecast of the results of the upcoming US backed Middle East conference in Annapolis, which is due to take place at the end of November.

To listen to the podcast, click here <http://www.alternativenews.org/podcasts/podcasts/news-from-within-podcast-the-annapolis-conference-and-the-left-and-democratic-movement-in-palestine-20071119.html>.

To download the podcast file, right button click here <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/NewsFromWithinPalestine/israel/%7E5/187383576/AIC.NfW.NaimAbuTair_November19_2007.mp3> and save.