[lbo-talk] on a student evaluation

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Nov 20 20:01:50 PST 2007

>On Nov 20, 2007, at 5:17 PM, MICHAEL YATES wrote:
>>
> > BTW, I have come to hate the word "globalization." What does it mean?

Sticking to what is essential and of world-historical importance: *globalization is the formation of a planetary web of instantaneous information exchange*. Presently the negative, monopoly capitalist, moment of this process predominates. Its rational, proletarian, moment is still becoming apparent.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos