[lbo-talk] Wish I Was In Dixie (Re: The North's burden of enlightening the South (was Re: The "NAFTA Superhighway" Urban Myth)

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Tue Nov 20 21:42:14 PST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007, at 11:20 PM, Eubulides wrote:

>> The blues. Too bad no one has thought of anything new to do with it
>> since him.

> Gawd what a boring cliche.........

Hey, the modern blues ain't _that_ bad.

Seriously, though, have you heard anything--okay, maybe R. L. Burnside--but aside from him, have you heard anything new in the blues since Jimi? If so, please hip me to it. I've got nothing against people playing well in the classic forms, but I'm still bored by it.

I think all these one- and two-liners of mine must have added up to a day's worth of posting, so I'll let it lay for now. I've got a Miles Davis CD to get back to, anyway.

John A