[lbo-talk] gloom

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Wed Nov 21 06:00:30 PST 2007

carrol cox wrote:

>I think a worthwhile discussion would be what we can do now (= as long
>as there is no catastrophe) to prepare in our thinking and organizing to
>be in a better position to build the left during those years when
>because of economic crash we won't be able to build much.

we have to start organizing around things like unemployment, foodbanks, job transition agencies, etc. etc. no time for elaborating but I suggested way back when, a form of alternative institution building, akin to starting seedlings now with OK fertilizer, and then getting an injection of SuperShit when the worst hits. (i have been opposed to organizing the revo around anti-war work for the obvious reasons that we've seen go down with Afghanistan and Iraq. I know its supposed to have the salubrious effect of building solidarity internationally, but.....)

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)