[lbo-talk] Speaking of intelligence....

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 24 09:01:30 PST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 5:49 PM, Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The Lisp Machine guy mentioned:
>
> "The XO does everything in Python. You can see all the code, with
> a single keystroke (that shows the code of what's running) and
> even modify the code."

And about Python, it has an unusual amount of usability for a programming language. Most programming languages are ugly. Just like many websites designed by programmers are ugly too.

Python's not my favorite language; one reason is that it still has the design philosophy of looking like highschool math. It's not as powerful as it could be. But nevertheless, all things considered (Google's corporate backing, Python's usability, its free software status, number of supporters), I'd likely have gone with Python myself for this project.

Tayssir