[lbo-talk] Elizabeth Kucinich: My Husband Would "Absolutely" Consider Running With Ron Paul

Shane Taylor shane.taylor at verizon.net
Sat Nov 24 21:05:37 PST 2007

Shane Mage wrote:

> But it would be a sign of mental vitality, rather
> than of brain death, for leftists to imagine the
> impact of a Paul/Kucinich "Third Party" campaign.
> How would McCain and Clinton *have* to react to a
> campaign emphatically based on opposition to war
> and militarism and support for civil liberties and
> constitutional government? Wouldn't their demagogy
> be dragged to the left on the only issues of
> importance before the country in this election?

... by a demagogic embrace of inequality. As American inequality worsens, Ron Paul says abolish progressive income tax, decertify unions, and repeal the minimum wage. Rather than go after the Fed for not being committed to full employment, Ron Paul calls for reinstating the deflationary gold standard.

> And if Paul/Kucinich could get or exceed the kind
> of vote that that idiot Ross Perot got in '92,
> wouldn't that be great?

Perot won nearly one out of five popular votes in 1992. Neither Paul nor Kucinich has half that within their respective parties, much less the general voting public.

the other Shane