[lbo-talk] Spanish civil war becomes a video game

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Nov 25 08:45:55 PST 2007

B. wrote:
> There was/is a Civilization II expansion pack/scenario
> that is is a video game of the Spanish Sicivl War:
>
> http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ2/scenarios/madrid.zip

That may have been the scenario created by my old friend Dave Neal.

I actually played that scenario as the anarchist side and won. I did have plenty of help from an anarchist who was staying with me who had experience studying military strategy at a military college.

*spoiler*

From what I remember, the strategy for winning this scenario as the anarchist side involves two things: 1) dealing with the POUM espionage attack and eliminating the POUM; and 2) seizing and controlling all of the cities on the southern coast of Spain. I think this prevents Franco's forces from re-supplying via North Africa.

Chuck

-------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/