[lbo-talk] BBC 11/25/07: More activists arrested in Russia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 14:19:11 PST 2007

This doesn't mention it (because the writer likely doesn't know -- *insert "rolls eyes" emoticon here*), but Other Russia is named after the National Bolshevik Party manifesto. "Arrested" should be "detained," BTW. I remember last year when Kasparov claimed that he had been "arrested" after he was detained for an hour and fined $35.

I knew this was gonna happen. It's OR's "nobody in Russia likes us, so let's break the law, so we can get ourselves filmed on camera being oppressed for a foreign audience" strategy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/7111753.stm