[lbo-talk] "MALICIOUS LIAR"

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Nov 25 15:36:02 PST 2007

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:46:21 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:

> On Nov 25, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Chris Doss wrote:
>
> > --- Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:
> > Bob Malecki ... actually
> >> debated the Swedish PM on Swedish radio,
> >
> > You're kidding, right?
>
> No, really. Malecki got designated the official spokesman of the
> Swedish poor or something. Such is hegemony.

I don't have the imagination to make up something so wildly improbable. It really did happen.

Checking the archives of Thaxis, I found that Bob debated former Prime Minister Persson back in August 1998, see:

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism-thaxis/1998-August/010969.ht ml http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism-thaxis/1998-August/011005.ht ml