[lbo-talk] "MALICIOUS LIAR"

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:42:44 PST 2007

joanna wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:

> > Chris Doss wrote:

> > > Ah, Cockroach, a Magazine for Poor and

> > > Working People... What a title...

> > Oh yes, I remember great disputes with

> > Malecki over this. Some of us thought it

> > was insulting to identify "poor and

> > working people" with revolting insects,

> > but Malecki just said that was our middle

> > class elitism at work

> That's funny, I was just going to write that

> anybody coming up with that kind of title

> for a wc zine must be a trust fund baby or

> from a comfortable middle class background.

What a load. Cockroaches are a part of the lives of people who live in dirt cheap rentals, at least here in Florida, that's a fact. When it's hot sometimes them bitches will _fly_ at you. Conversely middle-or-betters go years without encountering a one. It's a sure class signifier, an excellent title.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at gmail.com