[lbo-talk] so, school me

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:55:28 PST 2007

Carrol Cox wrote:

> This is so bizarre -- discussing a Ron Paul

> campaign as though we lived in a world where

> he conceiveably could be president and his

> policies make a difference. Weird!

Ron Paul won't be President, of course, but one of the two big political parties in the U.S., and the current President, agree with him regarding their mutual desire to wipe out Social Security. That's a policy, which he's energetically popularizing among his cultists, that could make a difference.

I work with a woman, a civil engineering tech, who proudly glued a Ron Paul sticker on her car.

Say, did I ever tell you about the time my totally slummy ex-neighbors on the other side of the duplex bequeathed me, no kidding, I actually counted, forty thousand dead German roaches?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at gmail.com