[lbo-talk] Marx on profits

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Nov 26 22:13:47 PST 2007

On Mon, November 26, 2007 8:01 pm, Seth Ackerman wrote:

> To me it looks like struggle within the abode of production has
> never been more absent within the advanced countries. The working
> class has never been less class conscious in its history.

Not necessarily. There's plenty of formal class mobilization in East Asia and the EU, and quite a bit of informal mobilization even within a neoliberalized US. Turn on any sports channel, and you find an enormously sophisticated and subtle theater of class struggle, class identification and class contradiction. If working people were really pro-capitalist, Fox News wouldn't exist, would it?

-- DRR