[lbo-talk] US economy "in a mess"

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Nov 27 06:49:47 PST 2007

[from the lead story in today's FT]

Peter Sutherland, chairman of both Goldman Sachs International and BP, joined those voicing concern. “The US economy is in a mess,” he told TV3, an Irish TV channel, on Sunday.

^^^^ CB: And whose fault it that ?

^^^^^^

“There is a whole big issue...which has not fully played out in regard to providing credit and liquidity to institutions, so I think it is a dangerous period for the world. I think we are going to go through next year, certainly the first half of next year, with considerable traumas.”