[lbo-talk] more on ADIA-C

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 27 10:19:27 PST 2007

ulisse mangialaio wrote:

> Anyway, I take the Empire to be one . I don't take money's nationality to be that relevant as long as it serves the same supranational class interests.
> I add, partially contradicting myself, that ME foreign claims are not tantamount to Chinese foreign claims.

Indeed. The ME mini-nations survive at the pleasure of the U.S. (they relate to the U.S. as Edwards's sinners relate to the hand of the angry god); China is hardly in such a position. It would _hurt_ if its trade with the u.s. were aborted but it would not simply evaporate, as would the Emirates, Saudi Arabia, etc.

Carrol