[lbo-talk] more on ADIA-C

Bob Morris bob.morris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:00:20 PST 2007

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 2:59 AM, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
> > I think the buyback will be 9 months out.
> >
> >> Two years from now, another story.
> >
> > I think we agree, we're just are quibbling about the timetable :)
>
> Last time Citi got in trouble, after the collapse of the 80s
> leveraging mania, they were effectively nationalized. Nine months is
> an ambitious recovery schedule.

I'd say short-term downside for Citi is more probable than any upside for quite sometime. So maybe wait until their probably hideous Dec 07 or Mar 08 earnings and the stock tanks even more, then backup the truck on 2010 call LEAPS?

It's fun watching Bloomberg newscasters react to every new piece of horrible financial news by saying, golly all the bad must be in the stock now so it MUST be time to buy financials now.

I bet they said that about Enron too.