[lbo-talk] top 10 on Conservapedia

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 15:10:53 PST 2007

This may or may not be related, but I saw my red state family over Thanksgiving. )"I don't buy gas from 7-11 any more! It's owned by Chavez. They nationalized the oil there! That's what they always do when they take over, they nationalize the oil!")

Somehow, to my displeasure, we ended up watching Wild Hogs, the movie with Tim Allen and John Travolta. (NOT MY IDEA!) Total red-state, Blue Collar Comedy, low-brow type horse shit of a movie. It was pretty painful. Anyway, a running theme of the jokes, besides poop, is homosexuality -- effeminate men, creepy gay-acting guys, a gay fetish-y looking cop, the guys going skinny dipping together, sleeping in the same sleeping bag together after they lose the other one and holding one another, one guy forced to ride behind the other on the same bike and holding him as he does so -- all these "hilarious," awkward chances for the guys to reassert their manfulness and also disgust at anything reeking of "gay."

Don't watch the movie if you don't have to, but the obsessive gay jokes really are something to behold for all its crusty red state humor.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

http://agonist.org/ian_welsh/20071120/

what_do_conservatives_spend_their_time_thinking_about What Do Conservatives Spend Their Time Thinking About?

One answer is provided by Conservapedia's most viewed list:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Special:Statistics

1. Main Page‎ [1,897,388] 2. Homosexuality‎ [1,488,013] 3. Homosexuality and Hepatitis‎ [516,193]