[lbo-talk] AC on police conduct at U-Michigan

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 28 17:03:45 PST 2007

>There's something else going on here too: these are not cops, they're
>wannabe cops and for that reason need to prove that they're tougher and
>meaner ....
>
>Joanna

The doctor said they were both campus and metro cops. I think what you're saying may be true in the case of some security guards or even campus police. But I think the more dispiriting story is that security guards take the job because it's a steadily growing field and they can't find anything else. Police are trained poorly enough and security guards are trained even less.