[lbo-talk] Doctor sentenced in NY terrorism case

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 29 07:06:39 PST 2007

Andie:

Am I misunderstanding something, or has the US and the court just made

it a crime of terrorism for a physician to obey the Hippocratic oath

and his professional responsibility to care for the injured?

[WS:] I think you did misunderstand the nature of the US justice system - contrary to what you may think, it is a thinly veiled Stalinist show trial apparatus or Nazi people's court system - an arm of the fascist state masqueraded as administration of "justice." There might be individual judges or lawyers who do not subscribe to this function of the US "justice" system, just like there are individual US citizens who disapprove of the US empire - but that does not mean that the respective systems as a whole are nothing but authoritarian apparatuses of oppression.

With that in mind, the US court that you quoted performed exactly what was expected of it to do - to legally lynch the enemies of the fascist state identified by the 'nomenklatura' of that state.

Wojtek