[lbo-talk] Morrissey: Won't live in England, too many immigrants

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 08:21:39 PST 2007

The Kinks song "King Kong" seems to be about the US: "I'm King Kong, got the hydrogen bomb..." And it's not very flattering.

Also, I thought the consensus on their never getting as popular as Beatles or Stones was that they were banned from touring the US: "At the conclusion of their summer 1965 American tour, the Kinks were banned from re-entering the United States by the American government for unspecified reasons. For four years, the Kinks were prohibited from returning to the U.S., which not only meant that the group was deprived of the world's largest music market, but that they were effectively cut off from the musical and social upheavals of the late '60s." -- http://wm09.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:5q6wtr59kl5x~T1

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"Kill all the left-wing intellectuals Annihilate the weak because they're ineffectual"

I think they were being ironic.