[lbo-talk] most Americans satisfied with their health plans

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Nov 30 10:15:18 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Charles A. Grimes wrote:

> ``I'd be curious how many...had to collect on anything substantial.''
>
> ---------
>
> Exactly. The 57% satisfied represent the people who have nothing wrong
> with them.

That doesn't help me, really. I had zero medical visits last year. My spouse had one. And my 2 year old had nothing more than a shot or two. Yet we paid thousands of dollars in health insurance (premiums, Medicare, etc). And we dispensed with doctor visits (other than for my son, who didn't need any) to keep our costs down since our deductible is $2000+ and we would have paid out of pocket for all visits in the year, unless we were undergoing major surgery!

I am in the 57%. Why would I be satisfied? I am not!

--ravi