[lbo-talk] high U.S. health costs: becasue we're too fat?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Oct 2 13:28:40 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Doug Henwood wrote:

> So the fact that we have more fat people and more poor people than
> Western Europe has no effect on how sick or healthy we are?

Of course if does. And the fact that they smoke more has an effect on them. Which is exactly where an honest attempt at tackling comparative major risk factors would start. Which is why I don't trust this one one bit. It seems to have tendentiousness inscribed in its shorts. It distorted the smoking, sidestepped the poor people and who knows what else. Sure would be nice to have a good one, though.

Michael