[lbo-talk] In case you were wondering....

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 17:52:34 PDT 2007

John Thornton wrote:

> joanna wrote:

> > Skimming through the latest issue of Dance

> > Magazine, I ran across the following:

> > "When you listen to a piece of music written

> > by Bach, you hear a part of God. When you

> > watch a well-acted Shakesperean play, you

> > see a part of God. When you watch me dance,

> > you see a part of God."

> How is this different than the logic behind

> ID? This is not a rhetorical question but

> rather a genuine inquiry.

Look at a dead dog run down by a truck three days ago and you see an even greater part of God, as any dance performance ends and is done while that dog's death is eternal.

Anyway the conventional religious reaction to the shout "Behold, I am God!" is "Holy mother of Jesus, cover the children's ears, that low, vile man is blaspheming! not attesting to the glory of * * * G O D * * *, no! but demeaning His Impeccable Utterness by obscenely bragging! Quick, bring my instruments of torture!" I interpret it the same way, but I say "Yay!"

Yours WDK - WKiernan at gmail.com