[lbo-talk] Reps losing business class (sorry for last post)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Oct 2 19:46:50 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Oct 2, 2007, at 7:45 PM, Robert Wrubel wrote:
>

>> For that matter,
>>what's so great about the Democrats' health plan?
>>

>It'll cover what, a few million kids, right? Bush says it's the road
>to socialized med - maybe he knows something we don't!

Or maybe he's just using the "s" word for its anticipated negative effect.

I remember sometime in the early seventies Oriana Fallacci was on some talk show and either the host or one of the other guests accused her of being a "communist"!!! Her reaction was "and, so...your point being..." They were each at a loss with what to do next. Obviously the accuser felt that's all he needed to say, and Fallacci had no clue what he was driving at.

Joanna