[lbo-talk] Reps losing business class (sorry for last post)

Carl Remick carlremick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:57:27 PDT 2007

> And how do you explain the contrast in economic performance? Growth
> in GDP and employment is stronger under Dems. Ditto growth in incomes
> at the 20th percentile. Dems are more inflationary and Reps
> disinflationary. The stock market does better under Dems, the bond
> market under Reps. Yeah, it's still capitalism, and a sucky version
> of capitalism, but these are real differences.

Yes, but what's the net result of this dialectical wonder that you describe? Over the long haul, more and more wealth and power is concentrated in fewer and fewer hands.

And whoop-dee-do that "growth in GDP and employment is stronger under Dems." Looking back on the Clinton years all I see is speculation and overinvestmet that created temporary mass wealth and employment that has now dissipated. I see no reason to celebrate a binge that is certain to be followed by a purge. Capitalism has no word for "sustainability."

Carl