[lbo-talk] it's looking more like Pres Clinton...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 3 09:12:39 PDT 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Marvin Gandall wrote:

> Whether Clinton will be similarly destroyed remains to be seen.

I can't stand her, but I have to admit she's a far stronger candidate than I would have guessed. She's very smart and has proven quick on her feet. I couldn't force myself to watch the 417 debates they've had so far, but word is that she's won, or at least not lost, every one. She's hardly committed a gaffe. She managed to upstage Obama yesterday, whose big foreign policy speech was supposed to lead the headlines, with her fundraising announcement that showed her kicking his ass - and her campaign got Drudge to break the news. It seems that she's just what the U.S. bourgeoisie needs - an extremely competent centrist who can clean up some of the domestic and foreign mess that W is leaving behind without taking things in an unsound direction (as Edwards might).

Doug