[lbo-talk] Reps losing business class (sorry for last post)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 09:18:35 PDT 2007

When I was in grad school at Michigan I had a class on World Politics with a prof who, introducing various approaches to the subject, said of rational choice theory that it presented the advantage that you didn't need much if any empirical data to theorize about whatever. He was quite serious that this was a plus for RCT. To be fair, he was pretty typical Michigan poli sci number cruncher (that's not _quite_ redundant) who mainly did empirical statistical work. All that being said, Olson, Downs and other RCT political scientists have suggested a lot of fertile hypotheses for empirical research.