[lbo-talk] The Idea of the Third World

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:35:21 PDT 2007

> On Oct 3, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > leaving Iran's foreign policy to the Iranians
>
> Ok, I'll observe that policy if you will.

Our political obligation doesn't end there, for we have to turn the table and create counter-discourse against Washington's, e.g., raising such questions as the questions raised below, and we must repeat these as often as the other side repeat their propaganda. What doesn't get repeated doesn't stick.

In addition, we need to develop a coherent theory of imperialism of our times that better accounts for Washington's Middle East policy, for otherwise people, both here in the USA and elsewhere, especially in the Middle East itself, gravitate toward conspiracy theory.

<http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.aspx?ID=News-1004865&Lang=E> Iranian academic society condemns Lee Bollinger remarks

Service: Foreign Policy 1386/07/03 09-25-2007 19:29:26 News Code :8607-02107

ISNA - Tehran Service: Foreign Policy

TEHARN, Sep. 25 (ISNA)-In response to the insulting remarks of the Columbia university president against Mahmoud Ahamadinejad, Iran's university presidents raised their objection to Lee Bollinger.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2-Why did the U.S. government oust the nation-based government of Mosaddegh with the aid of Iran's dictator, Shah in 1953?

3-Why did the U.S. support Saddam who used chemical weapons against Iranian soldiers and even his own nation during the imposed war?

4-Why doesn't the U.S. recognize Palestine's government which was elected with Palestinian's vote? Why does it pressurize the Palestinian's government? Why is the U.S. against Iran's proposal on solving the 60-year old problems of Palestine through referendum?

6-Why does the U.S. government back the terrorist group of Mujahedine Khalq Organization (MKO) while it has claimed responsibility over many bloody bombings in public places of Iran and Iraq? Why doesn't it allow the Iraqi government to evacuate the MKO base in Iraq?

7-Did the U.S. invade Iraq based on international vote and with the permission of international organizations? What was the real purpose of occupying Iraq which has left hundred thousands of its people dead? Where are the weapons of mass destruction which the U.S. claimed were stored in Iraq?

8-Why are the extremely undemocratic states with absolute monarchy regimes the U.S. best friends in the Middle East?

9-Why did the U.S. disagree with the "Middle East free of nuclear weapons project" issued in the board of governors while all countries agreed with it but Israel?

10-Why is the U.S. displeased with Iran and the IAEA agreement and why does it disagree with negotiations within the framework of international regulations for solving Iran's nuclear issue?

At the end they have announced that they were ready to host Columbia University president and other faculties who were interested in seeking the truth to know about this nation without the filtering of the West media. -- Yoshie