[lbo-talk] it's looking more like Pres Clinton...

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 3 10:25:17 PDT 2007

============================== I agree. The twin gripes of the bourgeoisie are that Bush has driven up the deficit and weakened the Empire internationally. The fiscal management and more sophisticated imperial policy of the Clinton era looks stunning by comparison. Also, I think it is one of those historical moments when the dominant wing of the bourgeoisie feels a softer touch and some concessions might be necessary to tamp down growing popular disatisfaction at home and abroad. The WSJ article you posted yesterday can be read in this context.