[lbo-talk] (no subject)

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:43:09 PDT 2007

(SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR FORMATTING... SNIFF)

J Gulick sez:

This seems too stripped of political space-time context. Clinton I got lucky, chasing the throne just when Perot split the Repug vote, and getting in office to reap the windfall of post-Soviet collapse triumphalism -- orchestrated in part by Reagan and Bush I's hoodwinking of a credulous Gorbachev! That is, the Clinton I boom was largely underwritten by awed and cowed capitalists and savers worldwide. After eight years of Bush II tax cuts for the uber-rich and extravagant spending on a West Asia misadventure that has perturbed (if not decisively alienated) junior partners, Clinton II will be reaping a whirlwind, not a windfall.

J Gulick Tohoku territory, Japan

_________________________________________________________________ Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today. http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline