[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 4 09:45:13 PDT 2007

Someone else wrote:

> The Republican wears his Klan sheet
> with pride, while the Democrat keeps his (or hers) in the closet,
> except for special occasions like the Sister Souljah moment or
> the annual Ricky Ray Rector memorial vein hunt. The Republican
> is accurately seen to be leading the Klan gallop, while the
> Democrat tries, more or less successfully, to stay hidden
> behind the sheets of others. Naturally the Republican looks
> like the real ogre, and where the choice is presented as an
> either/or, the ogre doesn't stand a chance.
======================================= So what is about these black folks that they can't recognize what (mostly white) (mostly middle class) radicals so clearly and confidently see as being in their best interests?

Are black people just plain dumb - congenitally unable to recognize when they are getting pissed on? Just a bunch of Stepin Fetchits fawning at the feet of massa and missus Clinton?

What other conclusions can you draw? How else to explain their abject political subservience to a party of closet Klansmen?

And, while we're at it, what about trade unionists, women, gays, and Hispanics who also strongly support the Democrats? Why do they persist in thinking it is of any consequence to them which of the major parties controls the government?

Can it be that the conservatives are right - that "the people" are inherently incapable of understanding what is in their best interests at any particular time, and that these decisions are best left to the more highly educated and better cultured?