[lbo-talk] strong defense? domestic intimidation!

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 12:33:11 PDT 2007

It's "fleet week" in San Francisco. This brings with it the annual two-day acrobatic display of the Blue Angels. Thousands gather on shorefonts ringing the Golden Gate Bridge to watch these "heroes" of high-tech patriotism perform their feats.

The noise as they pass overhead is ear-shattering, evoking oohs and ahhs of mixed fear and pleasure. I consider this whole thing a huge invasion of privacy and have long recognized it as "shock and awe" for the domestic population. It keeps us thrilled and it keeps us in thrall.

This is also how I understand the huge unnecessary nuclear arsenal we possess -- it's a means of intimidating the domestic population. F--- them all!

Bob