[lbo-talk] new spirit of capitalism

bhandari at berkeley.edu bhandari at berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 5 09:07:05 PDT 2007

Well Charles if you post on any chapter or section I shall read along. One aspect I am concerned about is an implied left conservatism. In an earlier version of the argument (Thesis Eleven) Boltanski seems to separate sexual revolution (gay rights, gay parenting, assisted reproduction, active struggle to dissolve patriarchal heterosexual norm ) from emancipation from material oppression. I don't think Boltanski is just describing a shift in the object of critique of the avant garde. I think he is criticizing it as well. Perhaps I am wrong. I hope so. Rakesh