[lbo-talk] Can Leftists in the Iranian Diaspora Come to Terms with Iran?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 5 09:52:45 PDT 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> As you may have guessed, among the three, it is the neo-Marxist man
> who finds it most difficult to do what needs to be done for the sake
> of Iranians back home.

Wow, you don't lack for confidence, do you?

Could it be that despite the bits of Farsi you sprinkle into your prose - and I'm so glad that Mac OS X has the font, otherwise I might miss those bits of exotica - the Iranians in the "diaspora" may actually know the country better than you do, and feel less inclined to cheerlead than you? They might visit or have friends and relatives who are still there, and don't share your enthusiasms. Zeal of the convert and all that.

Doug