[lbo-talk] Randians celebrate Rand

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:12:32 PDT 2007

> Dear Editor,
>
> ...Imagine a future America guided by the principles found in Atlas
> Shrugged--a culture of reason, where science is cherished, etc.,
> --a culture of individualism, in which government is the yatta yatta,
> --a culture in which markets are whoop-de-doo, --a culture in which
> business innovators understand a wop bob a lu bop, --a culture in
> which such innovators, proudly asserting their right to their work,
> are fully liberated and their productive genius fully applied to the
> generation of unimaginable economic progress.

Dear Submitter,

I was doing OK with your essay up until the part where I was commanded to imagine unimaginable economic process. I tried and tried, and finally succeeded, but then the very instant I succeeded that progress became imaginable, and I was thrown back upon my Sisyphean task. Only booze and exhaustion finally broke me out of the loop; I flinch to imagine my fate if I had not had a bottle of Jack Daniels in my desk drawer. Don't ever do this to me again.

Yours, The Editor