[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Sat Oct 6 09:01:54 PDT 2007

do they, though? I've forgotten the numbers. I'm assuming working class here means people working in jobs that earn below the median income level and in jobs such as manual labor, low-level service work, factories, etc. Doug? Anyone? Are there numbers on who these folks vote for? Also, are there numbers on the policies these folks support? I remember, years ago, Yoshie posted survey research that showed that the strata of folks actually supported more progressive policies than their voting record might indicate. Which speaks to the political process in so far as it plays a direct part in twisting things so that folks vote against their interests.

Another thing is, the surveys of black voters. Do we have oversamples so the numbers can be broken down to look at income? Or is it such a phenom that black of any income and wealth status vote in such overwhelming numbers.

Also, Andy's pointing out that there are black conservatives who are opposed to Hillary running made me ask myself: who are prominent black women conservatives? We have our Clarence Thomases, but aside from Condi Rice, who else, perhaps on a more local level are women who share the views of the Phyllis Schlafleys on the right?